Home » , » London Olympics 2012 - Michael Phelps wins 18th and final Olympic gold in London

London Olympics 2012 - Michael Phelps wins 18th and final Olympic gold in London

Written By Unknown on Aug 5, 2012 | 12:21 PM

Michael Phelps- an American won the 18th & last Olympic gold medal of his career with a win in the (4x100m) medley relay from London Olympics 2012, before declaring his retirement. 

London Olympics 2012 - Michael Phelps wins 18th and final Olympic gold in London
Michael Phelps wining Smile for his 18th Olympics gold
United States past Japan in three minutes 29.35 seconds in the third butterfly leg at London's Aquatics Centre by one of the best performance by Phelps. Australia took the bronze, with Great Britain in fourth position.

Phelps ends his career with 22 medals in total, 18 of them gold, from four Olympic Games. 

Phelps said with emotionally, “It’s tough to put into words right now, but I finished my career how I wanted to do, “Through the ups & downs of my career I've still been able to do everything that I've ever wanted to accomplish”.

"I've been able to things that no-one could ever been able to do and this is one of the amusing ways to finish it with successfully, in a relay." 

Both Backstroker Matt Grevers & breaststroker Brendan Hansen pave the US on their way in the last final of the London 2012 swimming competition, but it took Phelps to take the advantage away from an impressive Japan team.

Nathan Adrian then brought easily the US home in the final freestyle leg as Champion.

Phelps made his debut in Sydney Olympic in 2000 as a 15-year-old & won six golds and two bronze medals in Athens Olympic in 2004, followed by an historic eight gold medals in Beijing Olympic in 2008. 

After his final race swimming's world governing body, Fina, confirming Phelps's status as the 'greatest Olympic athlete of all time.' -the American was awarded with a trophy as well.

The swimmer used the give the thank of his coach of 15-years Bob Bowman.
Phelps said, "Tonight was a very emotional for Bob and me”. 

Phelps also said, “I wouldn't be here today without everything he's done for me & I love him to death, and thankful I have someone who cares so much for me & who has put up with me over the past 15 years, so he's been great & I literally can't thank him enough. 

"I've been able to become the best swimmer of all time and I said we got here together and I thanked him," said Phelps.

With having a slow start, when he finished fourth in the 400m individual medley and second in his favored 200m butterfly event, Phelps ended with more medals than any other swimmer at the Games - four golds and two silvers in London 2012 Olympic.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Footer : Home | Privacy Policy | NewzMania
Copyright © 2012. Social Media SEO Tips, News, Trends, Tech, How To, Services | SKS Technologies - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by SKS Technologies Published by SKS Template
Proudly powered by Blogger